Saturday, December 11, 2010

AWANA moment to remember

We had our AWANA club meet out on the soccer court last week because the church was decorated for Ciudad Nueva's anniversary Sunday service. Because of the change we had over 25 new kids participate. Most of them came back this week as well.

The best moment of the week came when two kids began fighting in front of the teenagers and one of them hit the other in the back. He started crying so I called the aggressor over and told him to ask forgiveness for hitting him. When he finished I asked the other child if he would forgive him and give him a hug. When they began to hug they both started crying and saying,
"I didn't mean to hit you so hard."
"I don't want to be mad at you."
"You are my friend"
"Let's now fight again, okay?"

Among other things...me a couple of the guys from the youth group got all worked up and teary eyed. It was awesome to share a real moment like that with the guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages