Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thoughts from Critical Thinking

In 2008 I had to create a blog to put all of my homework assignments from a critical thinking class. It was probably the best class I have ever taken because it stretched me incredible to think critically, go figure. This helped me try to understand how skeptics and non-believers think to enable me to try to approach them from their point of view. I do now recommend the class to new christians at all, because it is very anti-religion and is very hard to digest mentally.

But for those of you who are interested, here are my homework assignments. I warn you that they are written from a Christian perspective, but they are not always evangelical. Sometimes I had to answer what the person was trying to teach and not exactly what I believe. But at other times I was able to try to critically analyze their thoughts and arguments and present a thought through perspective. Also, thoughts and ideas are always changing and I am sure that much of what I wrote a year ago I do not believe exactly as I did. For example, today I am more convinced that nonviolence is an absolute to work the conscience is the way of Jesus and not the use of power to enforce good.

Hope you enjoy and that your minds are used as the muscles they are!
www.noverimte.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages